All the following information has been collated for your reference, for further up to date government information for the public on coronavirus please visit - www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Social Distancing and Meeting Others Safely
- Guidance on social distancing and meeting others safely.
- Making a support bubble with another household - how you can safely expand the group of people you have close contact with during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Reducing Transmission of COVID-19
- Government stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection, please use this page for different languages and for an easy read guide.
- COVID-19: reducing transmission: what you can do to help - Advice on how you can help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Government guidance on sheilding and pretecting extremely vulnerable people.
- Government guidance published for contacts of people with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection who do not live with the person. Guidance for contacts of a person with a positive test result for coronavirus (COVID-19) who do not live with that person.
- Importance of ventilation to reduce spread of COVID-19 - short film released by the government shows how coronavirus lingers in enclosed spaces, and how to keep your home ventilated.
- Government guidance on getting tested.
- Government guidance on types and uses of coronavirus tests.
- Testing for coronavirus at home - How to use your coronavirus (COVID-19) home test kit.
- Coronavirus antibody home test kit: taking a blood sample - Guidance and video to help you do your antibody test correctly, post your sample and get your results.
Face Coverings and PPE
- Face coverings: when to wear one and how to make your own.
- Disposing of waste: How to dispose of your personal or business waste, including face coverings and personal protective equipment (PPE), during the coronavirus pandemic.
Support for the Bereaved
- Government support for the bereaved: Information to help bereaved families, friends or next of kin make important decisions.
- Guidance on making wills using video conferencing.
- Government travel advice for those travelling and living overseas.
- Government advice on how to self isolate when you travel to the UK
- Safer Travel Guidance for Passengers: Walking, cycling, and travelling in vehicles or on public transport during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Festive travel tips for people considering overseas travel - People thinking about going abroad over the festive period should read the following advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Latest Government information on COVID-19 cases for the public.
- Government funding announced for vulnerable people.
- Government information on how to help safely.
- Government advice on accessing green spaces safely.
- Government advice on accessing food and essential supplies - How to get food and other essential supplies during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Government guidance for people with animals.
- Government guidance on mental health and wellbeing.
- Government guidance on the safe use of places of worship during the pandemic.
- Government guidance for people who buy care and support through a direct payment.
- Government guidance for those who provide unpaid care to friends or family.
- Government guidance for those providing unpaid care to adults with learning disabilities and autistic adults.
- Supporting people outside of their home: For people who need support when outside their home and people who provide this support during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Making and registering a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Government guidance on domestic abuse: Find out how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse.
- Temporary approval to suspend the need for signatures on prescriptions, dental and ophthalmic forms up until 31st March 2020.
- Vitamin D Supplements: How to Take Them Safely - Guidance for at-risk groups offered free vitamin D supplements by the government this winter.
- NHS information – the first port of call for the public.
- NHS Test and Trace: how it works - An overview of the NHS test and trace service, including what happens if you test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- NHS Test and Trace: workplace guidance - Guidance on the NHS test and trace service for employers, businesses and workers.
- NHS COVID-19 Contact Tracing App - covid19.nhs.uk
- Public Health England public information resources including leaflets and posters which can be downloaded.
- Nottingham City Council's information on coronavirus: www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Nottingham City Guidance for Vulnerable Citizens: The Government has issued advice for people who are clinically vulnerable. It is different to the situation in the first wave, when shielding measures were put in place locally with support from Government. While the full shielding measures are not in place, we want to reassure people that in Nottingham, the City Council is here to provide help and support. If you yourself are clinically vulnerable or you are keeping an eye on a neighbour or family member who is, then please do ask for help if you need it by calling 0115 915 5555. There are many voluntary, faith and community organisations that are providing support to people in your area. Please feel free to contact them directly for support if you wish. A useful list of these organisations can be found here. For more information on help for clinically extremely vulnerable please click here.
- Foodbanks - The majority of food banks have gone from a collection to a delivery service. To find food banks and social eating projects please visit - www.asklion.co.uk/food
- Translations: Coronavirus Campaign Materials - Nottingham City Council have a page dedicated to coronavirus campaign materials that have been produced in multiple languages and formats. Please visit: www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-campaign-materials