- For working families, including the self-employed, in the UK
- With children under 12 (or under 17 if disabled)
- For every £8 you pay in, the Government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year - that's up to £500 every three months
- Parents of children born on or after 15th January 2009 and parents of disabled children, can apply now
If you're a working parent with children under 12 (or under 17 for disabled children), you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare.
The Government will top-up the money you pay into the account. For every £8 you pay in, the Government will add an extra £2. You can receive up to £2,000 per child - that's up to £500 every three months. If you have a disabled child, you can receive up to £4,000 per child - that's up to £1,000 every three months.
You and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £120 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage). If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
If either you or your partner, expect to earn £100,000 or more, you can’t get Tax-Free Childcare. You can’t use Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as childcare vouchers, Universal Credit or tax credits. You can use it with the 15 hours and 30 hours schemes.
You can use Tax-Free Childcare to help pay:
- Registered childminders, nurseries and nannies
- Registered after-school clubs and playschemes
- Registered schools (nurseries)
- Home careworkers working for a registered home care agency
→ In order to make an application, parents need to open an online account through the Government Gateway webpage
→ If you have any problems with application process, accessing your childcare account or need to apply over the phone, please contact the Childcare Service Customer Interaction Centre tel: 0300 123 4097
→ If you need help with finding Childcare in Nottingham City, please contact the Families Information Service telephone: 0800 458 4114 or email: email@example.com