We’re transforming the way we support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The Local Offer brings together all of the information on services and support in one place. Look out for services marked with the Local Offer logo (LO orange enlarger glass).
This is your one-stop shop giving you all of the information you need to make decisions for your family.
Here you will find everything you need to know about:
- Education: nurseries, playgroups, childminders, schools and colleges.
- Health: GPs, paediatricians, school nurses and therapists
- Social care: respite services and children’s disability services.
- Support groups – voluntary and private sector
- Leisure activities – from cinema screenings for children with specific needs, to evening clubs like cubs/scouts or brownies/guides running during the week, to specific events offered during the school holidays.
Additional information will be available for young adults. The Local Offer is intended to help you make informed choices about things that are important to you:
- where to live
- social activities
- options after school - continuing your education, apprenticeships, supported employment etc
- making the transition from services provided for children to those for adults
The Local Offer is not a directory. Its aim is to help you find the information that you’re looking for or to signpost you to somebody who can provide you with additional information or answer any questions that you might have.
Most importantly the Local Offer is intended for you and should be shaped by you. If you have comments or feedback you want to give us on what is or isn’t included then please fill in the ‘Contact Us’ above.
We’ll do our best to make sure that a service or provision is included or the information clarified. If we can’t do what you ask, we’ll at the very least explain why we can’t.