Your feedback is an important part of the Nottingham City Local Offer for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The Local Offer is constantly being improved and we use your comments and suggestions to help us do this.
We will continue to modify, expand and develop our Local Offer in response to feedback we receive. As we become aware of services and organisations offering support services, we regularly add their details to our directory.
We constantly seek your views about the Local Offer, all our webpages have popup questions asking users if they could find what they were looking for. The response has been positive with 79% of users saying that they could find what they were looking for.
We are constantly striving to make the Local Offer work better for you; therefore we welcome feedback from anyone who uses the website. If you want to comment on the Local Offer please use the Contact us link on the right.
What have we done in 2018?
- We have worked with Statutory Services and Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations to meet the demands of SEND Reforms under the Children and Families Act 2014. In 2018 we had 22 new organisations added to our directory of services.
- We continued to work with the Rainbow Parents Carers Forum, taking part on the East Midlands Local Offer peer review. Recommendations and suggestions from the 2017 review were implemented onto the website.
- Schools SEN policies links inserted onto each school entry on the Local Offer (March 2018). This development was related to an improvement suggestion from the peer review as an example of good practice.
- New Preparing for Adulthood section. In February 2018, we launched a new section dedicated to the Preparing for Adulthood. Work developed through the PfA Community Inclusion Pathway gathered the information necessary to create a new subsection of data and information.
- Trial for the inclusion of accessibility Point technology in November 2017. The Point software trial on the Local Offer was carried between 25th September and 12th November 2017 (a total of 49 days). Point is an online tool that uses Widgit Symbols to help visitors of the website understand the written content better. Using Point is extremely simple: when the user hovers the cursor over a word, Point displays a small box containing symbols illustrating the meaning of the word. We are now on the final stages of implementing the software.
- Regular reminders to schools about the Local Offer, updated information and the importance of sharing information with families. The Local Offer was the focus of a presentation to the SENCO network meeting in January 2018. Attendance at this meeting was aimed at promoting the Local Offer and reminding SENCOs to update their schools’ details. There was further discussion of the Local Offer at the SENCO Network meeting in October 2018, identifying new documentation that schools may wish to share with parents.
- Attendance at Citywide Health Visiting team brief in February 2018. Promotion of the Local Offer to all Health Visitors in the city.