Testing for keyworkers
Please see below for information on testing of care workers from Government and Nottingham City Council.
Testing for keyworkers
Single Route for Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Care Homes to Access Testing
For the attention of Care Home Managers and Shift Leaders in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire
For all queries regarding Care Home Swabbing and for access to Care Homes supported testing please use the Single Point of Contact as described below:
Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Testing Coordination Centre:
- Coordination Centre open 08:00 to 18:00 on 0300 300 3000, 7 days per week
- Email alerts to nnccg.Covid19email@example.com monitored 08:00 to 20:00, 7 days per week
There will be 2 situations when you can access supported testing;
- Care home with a suspected COVID-19 resident – rapid response
- Care home surveillance & support - scheduled visits on a rolling programme based upon prioritisation criteria
The prioritisation criteria for testing care homes is as follows;
- Care home with suspected COVID-19 infection,
- Care home with over 50 beds,
- Care home supporting dementia care,
- Care homes where local intelligence identifies there is likely to be significant additional value
For further information please read the letter and booklet, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Care Homes: Testing In Reach and Support Offer, from Public Health.
If you are a care home in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire, please use this route to access testing and not the care homes portal.
Following the Government’s announcement of the expansion of testing for keyworkers there have been some changes to the current testing processes for keyworker staff.
This is best used for keyworkers who are self-isolating who have symptoms of coronavirus and it is most effective when the member of staff is 3 days.
There are now two ways by which keyworkers can be tested:
1. Employer Referral – for testing at the Regional Test Centre
Employers will have to register onto the Portal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions on the portal can be found on the link below.
The Employer will be responsible for referring workers for a test, but then it will be for the worker to arrange the appointment directly with the test centres.
Results are emailed to the employee directly.
We have some guidance notes on how to use the portal and some FAQs which we hope you will find useful, please see the links below.
If you have any queries about the employer referral process please email email@example.com
2. Employee Self-Referral – for testing at the Regional Test Centre or request a home testing kit.
Staff can access information on this weblink or https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested and book a test here:
We also have attached some guidance for employees if they wish to share with your staff, see links below.
Employees can contact helpline if they have any questions on 0300 303 2713.
Government launches new national portal for care homes to arrange coronavirus testing
- All care home staff and residents are now eligible for testing with priority for those in homes that look after the over-65s. Please see the news alert for more information.
- Link to the Government Portal for care homes testing - apply for coronavirus testing kits to test the residents and staff of your care home.
We are advising that Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Care Homes use the local single point of contact for testing as described in the section above.
- NHS Test and Trace: how it works - An overview of the NHS test and trace service, including what happens if you test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- NHS Test and Trace: workplace guidance - Guidance on the NHS test and trace service for employers, businesses and workers.
Guidance on coronavirus testing, including who is eligible for a test and how to get tested.