Age UK Notts - Worry Catcher Service
Do you need free, confidential and independent support in hospital?
We can help if
You need extra support during your hospital stay or regarding your discharge home. We can provide independent support for patients and their carers. At some time, we all need support and representation, someone to be our voice. We all need someone who will listen.
What the service provides?
The Patients’ Representative may be able to help if:
- You are worried about an aspect of your hospital stay
- You want someone independent to speak on your behalf
- You need support during a time of crisis
- You have a difficult decision to make
- If you need general information or possible access to other services
- You require follow up support when you have been discharged home
- If you are worried or concerned, talk to us we are here to help
What extra support do we offer?
- Information on financial matters and benefits
- Information on health and social care
- Details on services available in the community once discharged home. For example befriending, day care shopping services and social groups
Who is this service for?
Patients and their carers.
Which area does this service cover?
This service is available at:
Highbury Hospital - Cherry Ward & Silver Birch Ward
Millbrook Mental Health Unit - Kingsley Ward, Amber Ward & Orchid Ward
How is this service delivered?
• In person via one-to-one sessions • Over the telephone • Email • Video call • The Worry Catcher Service also attends Patient and Relatives Meetings
Who to contact
Where to go
- Highbury Hospital and Millbrook Mental Health Unit
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Free
- Free to patients and their carers
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Other notes
Call 0115 844 0011 for up-to date details about Age UK Notts services.