The Parenting Team
The Parenting Team comprises of six accredited Parenting Practitioners who provide a menu of group and/or individual one-to-one bespoke parenting interventions to parents/carers of children aged between 8 to 18 years.
The aim of the team is to support the Targeted Family Support Teams and prevent children and young people escalating into children’s social care.
The staff are trained to deliver the following programmes:-
- ‘Triple P’ Positive Parenting Programme (for parents/carers of children aged 8-12 years)
- Teen Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) (for parents/carers of children aged 8-17 years)
- ‘Triple P’ Positive Parenting Programme Dad’s Group (for male parents/carers of children aged 3-17 years)
Further information can be found at Triple P Website
- Non-Violent Resistance (NVR) Training (helps parents/carers manage the violent and destructive behaviour of their children)
- Parenting adolescents with ADHD (to help parents/carers understand the impact of ADHD on their teenage child).
- Keep Your Children Safe. Accredited workshop developed in conjunction with Parents Against Child Exploitation (PACE) to brief parents/carers of children of all ages in relation to child sexual exploitation.
- New Forest Parenting Programme (for parents/carers with a child between the ages of 3 and 11 years with moderate to severe symptoms of ADHD)
- Stronger Families (for families affected by domestic abuse and delivered in conjunction with Women’s Aid)
- Caring for Kids Workshop (provides information to parents/carers who misuse drugs or alcohol to safeguard their children).
- Restorative Parenting (teaches parents/carers how to repair the harm done instead of resorting to punishment or blaming).
Who to contact
- 0115 8765964
- Referral required
- Referral Details
This is a targeted service and referrals are only received from professions – is not open to the general public to self-refer. Families are mainly referred to the team via either Children & Families Direct or from the Targeted Family Support Teams. In certain circumstances referrals can be accepted from other professionals – provided certain criteria is met – further details can be obtained by contacting the team direct.
If you are a parent you can get more information by contacting the Family Information Service on 08004584114 who will be able to advise the programmes that may be available for you to self-refer.