Age UK Notts - Worry Catcher Service
We offer independent support during your hospital stay. Our Worry Catchers are here so that you can discuss any worries or concerns you or your families may have about your stay in hospital or discharge from the ward. We work in partnership with the people we support and will ensure your wishes are respected.
What do we offer?
- An independent and confidential service tailored to your needs
- Support and representation
- Someone to provide a listening ear and discuss any concerns with
- Someone independent to speak on your behalf
- Information to enable you to make informed choices and decisions
- Information on other agencies and services that can help and signpost or refer you to them
- Information about community services for older people.
What extra support do we offer?
- Information on financial matters and benefits
- Information on health and social care
- Details on services available in the community once discharged home. For example befriending, day care shopping services and social groups
Who is this service for?
Patients and their carers
How is this service delivered?
This service is delivered in person via one-to-one sessions or over the telephone
Who to contact
Where to go
This service is available at:
- Cherry Ward
- Silver Birch Ward
Millbrook Mental Health Unit
- Kingsley Ward
- Amber Ward
- B1: Clumber Unit
- B1: Blyth Unit
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- Free to patients and their carers.
- Referral required