Age UK Notts - Safe & Sound Service
- Free home visits to carry out a home energy check, providing tailored energy advice enabling you to use energy more efficiently without compromising on warmth and with the added benefit of free energy saving products, you can look forward to saving an average of £37 a year on energy bills.
- Remedial advice and project management of home repairs for example for new, energy efficient heating systems or support with eradicating damp and mould, roof repairs or upgrading old electrics.
- Subject to eligibility, we can access financial assistance for essential housing repairs including boiler repairs and replacements.
- A heater loans service for people with broken or faulty heating, loaning oil-filled radiators for a few weeks, enabling the home to stay warm whilst the heating is restored.
- In Rushcliffe, Broxtowe and Bassetlaw we offer the Warm Homes on Prescription service, completing home surveys and providing access to free heating measures like new A-rated boilers and radiators for people with broken or faulty heating systems (subject to eligibility)
- Signposting to partner agencies to help people access the services they need and support to access grants for essential home repairs.
Who is this service for?
Anyone aged 60+.
How is this service delivered?
This service is delivered in person via home visits or by telephone.
Which area does this service cover?
Nottingham city and parts of the county.
Who to contact
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- • Free information and advice • Free home energy and safety checks • You may be asked to contribute towards the costs of building works and project management of repair works – eligibility criteria apply
- Other notes
Some Age UK Notts services are subject to suspension or alteration during the Covid-19 pandemic. Call 0115 844 0011 for up-to date details about Age UK Notts services.