What is sleep Tight?
Sleep is vitally important to support children’s development and well-being. Sleep deprivation affects behaviour, learning, health, mood and the functioning of the whole family. The sleep Tight programme uses specific behavioural and cognitive techniques to help parents/carers modify night time behaviour.
Who is sleep Tight for?
The Sleep Tight programme is suitable for parents/carers of children who are one-year-old and over who are struggling with bedtime routines, their child’s sleeping patterns or bedtime as a whole.
How can Sleep Tight help me?
The Sleep Tight programme can support you to;
- Establish why your child isn’t sleeping.
- Learn about gentle methods to encourage better sleep habits.
- Consider an improved bedtime routine.
- Meet other parents/carers in the same situation.
- Explore useful resources to aid sleep.
What does the programme cover?
The Sleep Tight programme is delivered over 5 weeks and covers;
- Understanding sleep cycles
- Common sleep issues and strategies to manage these
- Establishing appropriate routines
- Keeping sleep diaries and interpreting the data
How can I access support?
Our Sleep Tight programme support is accessible through booking only.
To book onto one of our Sleep Tight programme please contact Early Help on: 0115 876 3343 or email: CityWideEarlyHelpTeams@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Who to contact
- 0115 876 3343