Age UK Notts - Patients' Representative Service (Lings Bar Hospital)
The Patients’ Representative Service offers support, representation, advocacy and information to older patients and their carers whilst at Lings Bar Hospital.
We can help if
You need extra support during your hospital stay or regarding your discharge home. We can provide independent support for patients and their carers. At some time, we all need support and representation, someone to be our voice. We all need someone who will listen.
What the service provides?
The Patients’ Representative may be able to help if:
- You are worried about an aspect of your hospital stay
- You want someone independent to speak on your behalf
- You need support during a time of crisis
- You have a difficult decision to make
- If you need general information or possible access to other services
- You require follow up support when you have been discharged home
- If you are worried or concerned, talk to us we are here to help
What extra support do we offer?
- Information on financial matters and benefits
- Information on health and social care
- Details on services available in the community once discharged home. For example befriending, day care shopping services and social groups
Who is this service for?
Patients and their carers.
Which area does this service cover?
This service is available at Lings Bar Hospital on the following wards:
- John Procter
How is this service delivered?
This service is delivered in person via one-to-one sessions or over the telephone.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Donna Powell
0115 883 7503
07872 839 627
- Patients' Representative Service (Lings Bar Hospital)
- Parent Organisation
- Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Where to go
- Lings Bar Hospital
- NG2 6PR
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- Free to patients and their carers.
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Available to patients at Lings Bar Hospital who are 55+ on the following wards:
- John Procter