Age UK Notts - Specialist Day Care
The Sybil Levin Health & Wellbeing Centre is a specialist day care centre for older people. We offer person-centred care that seeks to enhance the choice and independence of older people.
Sybil Levin is a multi-purpose facility and unique in offering supported services such as hairdressing and bathing. In addition, the centre is equipped to support people who are physically frail, have dementia or a disability.
Sybil Levin provides a range of stimulating activities, day trips, nourishing hot meals and door-to-door transport to improve the wellbeing of the older person. We also celebrate special occasions, holidays and festivals.
In addition you or your loved ones will be in safe hand as all our staff and volunteers are DBS (Disclosure Barring Service, formerly CRB) checked. With regular attendance and familiarity of setting, Sybil Levin offers significant emotional, mental and social benefits to you or your loved ones.
What do we offer?
- Specialist support for older people with higher levels of care needs
- Companionship, support and personal care such as bathing or hairdressing
- A variety of stimulating activities including arts and crafts, music and movement, and reminiscing
- Nourishing hot meals and refreshments
- Door-to-door transport via our specially adapted minibus
What extra support do we offer?
We can help you to access:
- Carers’ respite if you are supporting an older person
Information on other agencies and services that can help
- Counselling if you need someone to talk things through
- Advocacy if you need support, representation or help to make difficult decisions
- Information and advice on benefits entitlements, financial matters, aids and adaptations
Who to contact
Where to go
- Sybil Levin Centre
577A, Nuthall Road
- NG8 6AD
When is it on?
- When is it on
- Monday to Thursday from 9am until 5pm, Friday from 9am until 4.30pm
- Time of day
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Varies Per Session
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Available to anyone aged 55+