CARE Programmme Cancer Rehab Through Exercise
The CARE programme provides men and women affected by cancer with a wide varity of non-contact sports, gym and fitness-based exercises that are tailored to each individual’s fitness and mobility. Not only can gentle exercise help to alleviate some of the symptoms of cancer treatment but it can also aid recovery.
The programme helps people affect by cancer to:
- Start socialising and rebuild confidence.
- Take part in fun, graduated strengthening exercises and activities for people of all fitness levels.
- Meet others who have had similar experiences.
- Benefit from professional advice and support from our coaches and Macmillan staff.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Josh Stevenson
- Contact Position
- Health Coordinator
Where to go
- Portland Centre
- NG2 2HB
Porland Leisure Centre
also have an office at Meadow Lane
Notts County FC Football in the Community
Meadow Lane | Nottingham | NG2 3HJ
When is it on?
- When is it on
- Monday 10am-11:30am and Friday 1pm-2:30pm
- Session Information
Exercise session with social and community time attached
- Time of day
- Monday, Friday
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type free
- free 3 month membership for all sessions.
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
can be referred by specialist but can also self refer. must have had or going through cancer diagnosis.