Barnardo's Butterfly Project
The Butterfly Project provides comprehensive practical and emotional support to children & young people with life limiting illnesses and their families, from diagnosis to bereavement.
The project is funded by the local health authority and can provide a service in the following areas:- City of Nottingham, Gedling, Rushcliffe & Broxtowe.
What we offer:-
- Support to individuals in their family homes and within the community.
- Practical help and advice along the child’s/young person’s journey in partnership with a wide range of medical professionals.
- Individual work with the child/young person in respect to hopes, fears, dreams and wishes.
- Emotional support to children/young people and families to explore and express their feelings and make informed choices around ‘end of life care’.
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of activities and have meaningful experiences.
- A range of Family days, activities and events, in response to the needs of the children, young people, their siblings and parents/carers we work with.
- A post bereavement service of two years for bereaved siblings and parents · Sibling support groups and workshops, allowing opportunity to talk about & understand their feelings and to also have some fun.
- Parent support groups both pre and post bereavement
Office hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday.
Phone: 0115 9255565.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Ann Carter or Debra Ibbitson
- Contact Position
- 01159 255565
Where to go
- Barnardo's Family Support Service - Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire
8 Chilwell Road
- NG9 1EJ
When is it on?
- When is it on
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5pm
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
A referral form can be requested from the office and can only be accepted with families prior consent.
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type