Leaving Care Service
The Leaving Care Service offer advice, information, practical help and befriending to young people aged between 16-25 years who are eligible for support:
We want all of our children and young people to achieve their full potential and obtain the best possible outcomes, the same outcomes that we would expect for our own children.
We are committed to our Corporate Parenting Principles,
- to act in the best interests, and promote the physical and mental health and well-being, of our children and young people
- to encourage children and young people to express their views, wishes and feelings
- to take into account your views, wishes and feelings
- to help children and young people gain access to, and make the best use of, services provided by the local authority and its relevant partners
- to promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes, for children and young people
- for children and young people to be safe, and have stability in their home lives, relationships and education or work.
- to prepare children and young people for adulthood and independent living.
Our aim is to ensure you are supported on your journey into adulthood: We will:
- Work with you to help you prepare for your future
- Listen to you and ensure your views, wishes and feelings are paramount
- To be honest and realistic with you
- Be clear on expectations about your rights and entitlements.
- Promote opportunities for you to feel ready for independence and to feel confident about making your own life choices.
Getting in Touch
Our duty service is available Monday to Friday between 10.00 – 4.00pm on
Tel: 0115 61341, or you can email duty: LeavingCare.Duty@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
If you need support out of usual working hours you can contact:
Emergency Duty Team (EDT): Tel: 0115 8765600