Leaving Care Service
The Leaving Care Service offer advice, information, practical help and befriending to young people aged between 16-25 years who are eligible to receive care leaver support. Our aims are:
- To ensure you are prepared & ready to leave the care system.
- To build positive relationships and offer personal support, if required.
- Listen to you and include your views in the preparation & planning for leaving care.
- To be honest and realistic in terms of what responsibilities we have towards young people
- To be clear on expectations about money and entitlements.
- Promote opportunities for young people to gain independence and control your own life choices.
We have a Duty service Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10am-3pm
Tel: 0115 8761333
After hours and weekends:
Emergency Duty Team (EDT)
Tel: 0115 8765600
Who to contact