The Preventative Adaptations (PAD Team)
PAD for Older People's Homes scheme is a completely free service for all people aged 60 and over living in the Nottingham City Council Area.
You can be a Nottingham City Council tenant, a homeowner or be in privately rented accomodation.
If in private rented accommodation permission from your landlord may be required for some adaptations.
- Increase safety in the home for older people
- Reduce falls
- Facilitate timely discharge from hospital
All costs for the PAD Scheme adapatations are met by Nottingham City Council using funds allocated jointly by NHS Nottingham City.
Following a risk assessment, adaptations may include:
- Grab rails by the bath or enterence doors
- An additional stair rail
- Raising an arm chair
- Replacing a high step to front or rear enterence door with shallow steps
- Referral to AgeUK for fire safety assessment and free smoke alarm
- Threshold strips
Refer through Metropolitan signposting scheme 0115 876 2485
Who to contact
- 0115 876 2485