Choice Advice Service
The Families Information Service (FIS) has a Choice Adviser who can give extra help and support to parents who are applying for a school place for their child.
You can visit our Family Service Directory to find contact details for schools in the city. The directory holds a wealth of information about services for families across Nottingham City, so if you're looking for after school childcare or activities, the directory is the place to go!
You can also visit the Admissions team webpage, please see the internal link on this page.
Some parents may need some extra support to understand this information and the school admission system as a whole. This is where the Choice Adviser can help.
What help can the Choice Advice Service offer?
The Choice Adviser can:
- Help you understand the admission criteria / requirements for different schools.
- Support you to complete the application, either online or in paper format.
- Offer advice and support if you want to appeal.
Who can use the Choice Advice Service?
The Choice Advice Service is free, impartial and separate from the School Admissions Team. Anyone who feels they need some extra help when applying for schools can use the service. In particular, you might want to use the service if:
- You have difficulty completing forms.
- English is not your first language.
- You are new to the UK or have recently moved to the city.
- You just need some help to understand the admissions process.
- You are unhappy with the school that your child has been allocated a place at.
Get in touch with us to speak to the Choice Adviser.
Who to contact
- 0800 4584114
Where to go
- NG2 3NG
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type