Autism Team (Inclusive Education Service)
Who we are
We are a team of specialist teachers and transition support workers who are based in the Nottingham City Inclusive Education Service
What do we do?
- We can give you and your family information, support and advice about Autism and how it affects your child.
- We can observe your child in school, then work with and provide training to the school staff to make sure that your child’s needs are met.
- We can support the school in setting realistic targets for your child, and provide strategies and resources to help them meet their targets.
- We can help with your child’s move between schools, passing on all the information about your child’s needs and if necessary supporting your child on visits.
- We can support groups for parents who have children with Autism and can provide training and advice to families.
- We can talk to other people involved with your child e.g. Speech Therapists/Educational Psychologists, helping you understand what they’ve said and passing on any relevant information.
How do we work
We work using the strengths of autism. We use a range of approaches including those that use visual supports to teach routines, manage behaviour and make the world more meaningful.
Who we work with
We can work with your child if he or she:
- Has a confirmed diagnosis of Autism, including Asperger’s Syndrome
- Is aged between 3 and 19 years old
- Lives in Nottingham City and attends a Nottingham City School, or you live outside of Nottingham City but your child attends a city school.
- Is having issues at school or home that are affecting his or her education
Who can refer to our service?
Referrals can come from the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) at your child’s school or educational setting. If your child is not attending a school or setting, a referral can be made by other professionals working with you or your family.
Who to contact
- 0115 8765311